Much like humans, dogs shed tears, although not for the same reason. Also, their tears are not clear like ours. Dog tears contain iron from red blood cells, which is why they are brownish in color. This color makes them prominent, especially in white-colored dogs and breeds such as French Bulldog, Yorkie, Maltese, Samoyed, and Bulldog.
Best Tear Stain Removal for White Dogs
What causes tear stains, though? Not overwhelming emotions, no. A few tears every now and then are normal and don’t need a reason besides the fact that they are being secreted. But if it is persistent, it could be due to allergies, very watery eyes, conjunctivitis, or injury. In these cases, you must seek help from the veterinary doctor. In regular cases, you can just use a good wipe or wash to keep the stains away. Otherwise, your white angel might look depressed due to the tear stains. Worse, the accumulation of tears can invite infections and allergies.
Luckily, there are many easily affordable wipes and eye washes that you can purchase for your furry pet. They are also easy to use and will remove the tear stains right off. Let’s take a look at the best options on the market today.
1. Angels’ Eyes Gentle Tear Stain Wipes for white Dogs
It is safe and reliable, and your dog won’t feel any irritation at all! Isn’t that all we want for our pets? The Angels’ Eye Gentle Tear Stain wipes are made specifically to remove tear stains as well as irritation. Here are a few more details:
- They are presoaked in Juniper Berry Oil. It is both soothing and efficient.
- You can use the wipes every day for any dog over the age of 12 weeks.
- Each box contains 100 presoaked wipes.
- Once you gently use them, you can relax because they don’t require rinsing at all!
- Remember to exercise caution while using these wipes because the eye is a very delicate area. Calm your dog down and be super gentle.
2. Angels’ Eyes Natural Coat Stain Remover
Here’s another innovative product from Angels’ Eyes. It is a stain removal powder that is recommended for all breeds, shedding or non-shedding. Keep reading to find out why you should buy this product:
- It is a strong blend consisting of anti-inflammatory ingredients and antioxidants.
- It works by reducing the oxidation that comes through the tear ducts. This way, there are fewer tears and lighter stains. It also works to remove the stains completely.
- You can also use it to remove stains from around the lips. These stains are usually due to excessive licking.
- It is a natural product with no soy or wheat corn.
3. Nutri-vet Eye Rinse Liquid for White Dog
The Nutri-vet Eye Rinse Liquid is the perfect formula to remove stains and reduce itching at the same time. It is a very gentle solution that cleanses eyes and keeps them free from dirt. Below are a few more features:
- The solution has been formulated especially for sensitive eyes.
- It gets rid of all discomfort and irritation caused by tearful eyes and tear stains.
- Along with removing stains, it has the ability to fight eye infections.
- All you have to do is to add 2-3 drops in each eye every day until you see results.
- It also takes care of dry eyes.
- Overall, it is a holistic solution to common eye problems in white dogs.
4. Vetericyn Plus All Animal Eye Wash for white dogs
Vetericyn Plus is one of the best solutions for tear stain removal in white dogs. It washes the debris and dirt right off, keeping eyes clean and without any stains! Why should you choose this over the others? The points below will answer the question:
- It cares for irritated and infected eyes by flushing them out.
- You can use it every day without worrying about side-effects.
- These are medicated eye drops that provide a pain-free, easy, and cost-effective solution. However, we recommend that you speak to the vet before buying them. You can also use them as an effective alternative to antibiotics and steroids, but only after advice from the vet.
- They are also effective against red eyes and any burning sensation.
5. Four Paws Crystal Eye Tear Stain Removal
Along with tear stains, the Four Paws Crystal Eye takes care of other stains on the fur as well. You can use the solution safely on dogs and cats. Below is a little more information:
- It is safe for all breeds, including shar-peis, bulldogs, and boxers.
- It is formulated to clean folds, skin, and fur with equal ease.
- While it is safe to use, you must be extremely careful when you use it to clean tear stains. The area around the eyes and the eyes themselves are very sensitive, and you could cause problems if you are harsh.
- Use a cotton ball and pour a small amount of liquid on it. Rub it gently on the stained part of the body. A few stains may disappear within a couple of uses, but stubborn stains may require prolonged usage.
- The solution does not cause any pain or discomfort to dogs. It is perfectly safe!
It is important to be careful to zero in on the best tear stain removal for white dogs. Dog eyes are very sensitive and can be irritated easily. Thus, being cautious is of paramount importance. All the products we have mentioned above are safe and tested to show results. However, if you have any doubts or concerns, do not hesitate to speak to your vet. After all, your furry best friend’s safety is the priority.
If you have any doubts about these products or about dog grooming in general, kindly leave a comment or get in touch with us. We are always happy to help our fellow dog lovers!